Suppliers of Cowdroy door seals and tracking systems, Chris's Timber and Hardware can help you fit your home with the right product.
Why should you use a window/door seal?
Fitting a seal to your window or door may help eliminate or minimise problems such as light, sound, dust, draughts, wind, rain, insects and rodents.
Seals can also increase the energy efficiency of your home by minimising temperature loss through door and window gaps. Stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer while at the same time-saving money on your heating and cooling bills.
Which seal is the right one for you?
Before selecting your window or door seal, you need to know which seal will do the job you require.
Determining the following points will help guide you towards the correct door seal selection:
- Are you sealing a window or door?
- Is it hinged or sliding?
- If it is hinged, does the door open inwardly or outwardly?
- What is the size of the gap you wish to seal?
- What function do you need the seal to perform? (e.g. seal against light, sound, dust, draughts, wind, rain, insects and rodents, etc.)
- What is the width of your door?
- What colour is your existing door furniture (locks, hinges etc.)?